Author Topic: Request members to sent letter to CMC  (Read 5584 times)

Bob G ✝︎

Request members to sent letter to CMC
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:24:30 »
Dear. Gentlemen:

for a long time the W113 Pagoda has been shadowed by the 300SL gullwing and Roadster. I am a member of Legacy motors diecast model group. I have posted a request on their forum as to" how do you get their attention"? I have many of CMC 1/18 scales models and a just released Porsche 901 the forbear  to the 911. the detail is unbelievable parts are cast in metal right down to the smallest detail. Even the interior is done in high quality material not  flux carpeting.

I sent off a letter too Legacy motors as to were do I start. How to contact the proper people at  CMC with this request.

As soon as I have an answer  I would like a poll of how many of  our  forum/club members are intrested in participating in this letter writting request to CMC. the more people involved the better the results  will be. I even thought of the German Pagoda club may want to participate.

I plan to be a Blacklick Ohio for Joe & Mary's Pagoda fest. If I have the information then I will hand out flyers with instructions and perhaps a Pre done letter of request.

I hope this campain will help lift the shadow of the 300SL once and for all and give us a proper die cast model of the Pagoda SL and put a
honest rendition of a collectable for  us to display. However it will take some hard work from those of us willing to write  to CMC  and convince them to tool up for this die cast model.

Sincerely
Bob  Geco

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:15:16 by Bob G »

Dash808

• Silver
  • USA, HI, Kaneohe
Re: Request members to sent letter to CMC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:32:36 »
Good going Bob. 
I emailed them too after your other posting about it. 

Just let us know when, where, & how!
Chan Johnson
'67 250sl
Napoli Italian Euro

Bang Bang Booogie!

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 00:45:29 »
found out whom to address our request to. I will make copies for every one and perhaps our campain will turn some attention some  from CMC to look into our classic mercedes-Benz SL.

I could use some skilled help in coming up with a letter. I am not good at this but very adamant about CMC doing this model as a collectors piece.

Sincerely
Bob Geco

abe280SL

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 00:50:16 »
Make sure you ask for red with beige inside ;D
abe

France

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • Austria, Vorarlberg, Schruns
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 07:35:38 »
Bob,

I would be glad to edit the letter for you.  Are you going to agree at Blacklick on what the letter should say?  After that you can send it to me electronically and I'll give you my thoughts.  I'm helping on editing Pagoda Notes these days too...  Wish I could be in Blacklick--It's a heck of a lot cooler than Dubai! 8)
Trice
1968 280SL US, signal red/bl leather, auto, kinder seat
Austrian Alps
Think of your Pagoda as a woman with a past...

190SL

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:30:10 »
I travel to China 2x a year and will be going again in October.
If you have an address for CMC i will try to set up a meeting with them regarding the model.
send an e mail with the info or call me at 813 789 5295
al

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 10:37:45 »
Bob :

any assistance and ideas would be most appreciated. you can PM me off line at krwaxbz@yahoo.com. I will give you what I have so fare. I think it OK.  could use a tweak or so.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely
Bob Geco

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 00:23:13 »
I had another though. however it is too late to initiate it this year.

When I was on the board of the Los Angeles mercedes-Benz club I sent into franklin mint a request
for some free models for raffle gifts. This started when we were celebrating Don Recardso 8o birthday.
I had made a suggestion to the group about Franklin mint just releasing a red 1/24 scale gullwing. Well as many of you know
Don Recardo was a gullwing hero and happened to have in his collection two Red gullwings. One that  set the Speed Record in the desert trails and an original unrestored model that was put in Road & Track with an article about Don and the Car.

What better gift to give a man who has contributed so much to the Mercedes-Benz club. At first it got tuned down  by the head  person in charge saying it was too costly $120.00 Even though many generous people were willing to contribute
it was a fight to the finish. We drafted a letter to Frankin mint and to our surprise we received his gullwing model free . With the help of Kathy kennel's mother we  made a plack with a scaled down picture  of don with  a Camey in hand.

there after for the next five year we had no problems getting die cast models for gifts.

I would like to  present this idea to  the board for future raffle gifts.
Sincerely
Bob Geco

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 00:27:55 by Bob G »