Author Topic: Mailing address for (full) members  (Read 8522 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Mailing address for (full) members
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:10:22 »
Our esteemed editor is in the process of producing the next issue of Pagoda World, which is a publication that will be distributed via mail only. If you want to make sure you receive your copy of the next issue of PW, please make sure that:

• your membership is not expired when we mail it... if in doubt, renew ahead of time. We have a little leniency on recently expired memberships, but not too much. We send reminders and expiry notifications so that you have plenty of advance warning that your membership is about to expire. Note that a renewal is not activated until we have received your payment. With PayPal this is immediate.
  • Secondly, ensure that your postal information in your Profile, Account Related Settings is accurate. We have recently changed the software of this part of the system. Even if it looks correct, the Country and State fields are now drop down boxes (see attached picture). You must select the country again, and the state again and then enter your current password, and press the Change Profile button.

If you forget to do this -- and please take the two seconds to do this now -- then your mail address may be printed inaccurately on our address labels and your copy of PW may not reach you or be delayed.

Thanks for your cooperation

Peter
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:13:36 by Peter van Es »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
Re: Mailing address for (full) members
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 21:42:00 »
I notice quite a few people have read this message, but very few people have actually taken the action I'm asking for. Please do this, as otherwise you will not receive Pagoda World properly. Trust me, even if it looks correct, if you have not updated it since the 18th of August, you will need to!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:55:37 »
Hey Peter. I gave it a try -- but there is really no way to tell if it worked (on this end)...Hope so.
James
63 230SL

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 07:51:50 »
It worked for you... trust me, I can tell.

Peter

Alain B

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:04:43 »
Hello Peter,

I'is good, I receive all messages and the mailling address is correct

Bests regards

Alain

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:31:34 »
Alain,

trust me... even if it looks to be correct, you must change it -- to the correct values. As I've said, the software has been changed. Just select these fields and enter them from the drop down box!

You did NOT update your record!

Peter
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 18:44:16 by Peter van Es »

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 12:08:05 »
Renewed for two year. All my contact information looks correct. I did not see any drop down boxes?

Bob Geco

France

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • Austria, Vorarlberg, Schruns
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 12:38:43 »
LOL  Peter, I don't envy you.  Must be a full-time job! ;)  Thanks for the help.
Trice
1968 280SL US, signal red/bl leather, auto, kinder seat
Austrian Alps
Think of your Pagoda as a woman with a past...

pagodapete

• Regular
  • USA, CA, San Diego
    • http://www.motoringinvestments.com
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 14:19:42 »
Clicked on the dropdowns for the country and state and updated today.  Thanks.
Brian Peters
Motoring Investments

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 18:35:33 »
If you have not seen the drop down boxes, you have NOT updated your details. You must select your Country and State again from the drop-down boxes, and then Press Change Profile, as in the instructions in the first message.

I can see many members have logged in, but many people have looked at their profile information, but not changed it. I can not do it for you -- and there is a good reason for this.

So please, please make sure that even if your details appear correct, click on the little arrows next to your country, and ensure your country is selected with the tick mark. Then select the correct state or province/region.

Finally enter your password and press  Change Profile. If you have not done this last step, you have not updated your details -- if you have, then no need to do this again. Please ensure you also take this last step! Sorry to be such a pain, but it is really important that you do this, even if your details appear to be correct.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 18:43:16 by Peter van Es »

hill

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 16:16:54 »
In your instructions did you mention the "Modify Profile" ?

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 17:32:10 »
You mean the: "Change Profile"?

Yes I think I mentioned that!

Peter

sandcrab59

• Silver
  • USA, MA, Lunenburg
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 19:32:03 »
Hi Peter:
As J. Huber stated you cannot ascertain if it was accepted.
One thing I noticed and mentioned to Alfred E @ Wagas, my zipe code does not print the first digit and the last 4 numbers of my zip code.
Let me know if there is a problem. It has always been correct in my profile for a while.
How has the tours been going over there?
Tom M
71 280SL-8  Euro
67 250 SL
72 220 D
1982 300 SD
1983 300SD
1985 300SD
1931 Model A Ford Roadster
1997 Corvette C5

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 22:05:53 »
Tom,

your all set. Your ZIP code in the system is "01462-2063" If it does not print that, I'll have a look into that.

Talking about Tours... have you signed up for the European Event yet ? You better be quick: http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=11296.0

Peter

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 23:11:05 »
The reason why the "0" does not print is most likely the mail merge procedure. Excel (and perhaps also Numbers) drops the first zero in a cell and therefore it does not get merged. I have not found a way yet to force it to keep a leading zero and made corrections by hand.
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

zoegrlh

• Gold
  • USA, VA, Williamsburg
  • Beauty from top BCW
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 21:47:59 »
Peter,
I just renewed membership Monday Aug. 24.  Also re-did the state and country pull downs.  Did it work on your end?
Bob Hyatt
Williamsburg, VA, USA
Robert Hyatt
Williamsburg, VA.

W113, 1970 280SL, Red leather 242 on Silver Gray Met. 180, 4-speed stick, Euro spec, restored
R172 2012 SLK350, Black Premium leather 801 on Mars Red 590, 7-speed auto
W211, 2007 E320 Bluetec, Cashmere MB Tex 144 on Arctic White 650, 7 speed auto

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 06:52:44 »
Yes and Yes... The membership system works faultlessly... for those paying with PayPal we haven't had a single complaint... asking people to read and follow instructions appears to be a lot harder!  ::)

Peter

Bullethead

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 18:45:03 »
Thanks for the notification, Peter... all done as requested.

Odd though, the dropdown for country immediately listed my home country as Afganistan!?!  :D
Whew.

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 07:26:04 »
First country alphabetically... We used to have free-form addresses for country and state. Now it's a drop down box. That's why everyone needs to go through this exercise...

Peter

glenn

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 14:34:54 »
Where do I mail my check and how much, made out to?  (I) need the address,  USA.?

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 08:51:00 »
The proper method is described here: http://www.sl113.org/membership.html, at the bottom, the Quick Guide to Joining.

Essentially, go to the Profile tab, then under Full Member Actions, select Join as a Full Member. Follow through the process and at the end you are offered the option to pay via PayPal, which is easy, immediate and automatic, or you can be led to the page with payment instructions for manual check payment.

Please follow this process, as it's the only way that ensures we have all of your details correct.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 20:29:51 by Peter van Es »