Author Topic: Speed Regulator Arm  (Read 2474 times)

JMarentette

Speed Regulator Arm
« on: January 22, 2010, 13:52:18 »
Hey Guys,

I have a new and strange problem.  While completing the brake hose installation I rolled over and discovered what I thought was a wrench left by a mechanic. Reached up to pull it out and it was attached.  Through my searches I have determined that this must be the speed regulator arm and it has become disconnected.  My first question is the car was driven into the garage and must have been attached at that point. I do put it into neutral and roll it when working on it, but am confused as to how it could have come off.  More importantly, how should I reconnect it? When I use the gear shift the arm moves and I could move the arm to match up with the nob and push it back on, but is this correct?  How do I know what position the transmission is currently in? and finally how do I prevent it from happening again.  I am going to try to attach pics as well. Of course it is an automatic transmission.

Thanks
Jeff

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: Speed Regulator Arm
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 14:53:54 »
What you have there is the bottom eyelet to the auto shift linkage. There should be a small nylon bushing in it that then attaches it to the transmission. It is common for these bushings to perish after time, and when they do the shifter goes loose. A relatively easy and inexpensive fix -- do a search for auto shift linkage.
James
63 230SL