Author Topic: Need help on how to blow out fuel return line  (Read 3020 times)

n/a

Need help on how to blow out fuel return line
« on: March 14, 2004, 11:49:05 »
I pulled my tank a while ago, checked my fuel return line into the tank,....seems OK,  could easily run flexible braided Picture framing wire all the way in to the basket and could blow air through it easily as well.

I'm reinstalling the tank today with a new pump and filter (Autozone: $48,....pump and filter combined unit) and would like to BLOW OUT the fuel return line that runs from the tank area  up to the engine bay.

Can someone tell me where to find the fuel return line on the injection/engine?  Any reason I can't blow this line out with compressed air (100PSI)?  Also where is the fuel filter up front on the fuel distributor?

Any hints/suggestions on this procedure will be most appreciated.

Please respond to my direct email address:

bc1@joimail.com

Thanks in advance,
Brian Collins

Brian

n/a

Re: Need help on how to blow out fuel return line
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 13:56:08 »
I figured it out!!I got out under the hood and figured it out,......Put air on the back return line (under tank) and after release the two nuts (14 and 17mm) at the fuel distributor,.........was able to blow out fuel etc in line,.....wish I had to thought to put a glass jar at the other end to see what came out,........but,..........in any case,....its clear,.........and while there, found the fuel filter as well under the front lower side of the fuel distributor.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian