Author Topic: Marker light fuse  (Read 3750 times)

Kopie

Marker light fuse
« on: May 26, 2010, 04:03:04 »
Hello,
I would first like to say what an incredible resource this site and all contributors are.  I can almost always find answers to my questions with a quick search.  I have been tracing electrical problems and have all lights working now with the exception of the side markers on my '71.  All four lights are out and I have tested the bulbs and they're good.  The wiring diagrams shows these lights on a separate fuse block (from the diagram it is single fuse.  Does anyone know where this fuse is located?
Thank you,
Jim

al_lieffring

Re: Marker light fuse
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 13:38:25 »
look for the auxillary fuse box on a bracket attached to the brake booster.

Kopie

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 23:23:50 »
Ah ha!  Found it.  Cleaned the contacts and voila!  I have marker lights.  Do you know what the other fuse controls?
Thank you!

graphic66

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 14:28:49 »
It could be the fog lights that come on by pulling out the headlight switch while it is in the parking light position. On a side note about the fog lights, they are pretty much daytime running lights. I couldn't imagine them doing anything in the fog. I took the original bulbs out and broke the glass out of the base and I took an H4 headlight bulb and took the base off of of those carefully and soldered the leads to the original base and now the fog lights are actually pretty bright.

Kopie

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 04:42:25 »
Thanks for the tip.  I went to the garage and tried it.  The switch pulls out but no lights.  Did all 280sl's have them or were they an option?  Looks like I have another project!