Author Topic: Exploded Parts Diagrams??  (Read 6262 times)

Kayvan

Exploded Parts Diagrams??
« on: September 19, 2010, 13:38:49 »
Is there a supplier that has detailed exploded parts diagrams for all rubber hoses?

I have seen SLS cooling diagrams and it seems it just lists the larger hoses.

Specifically I am looking for the hoses off the thermostat housing that branch off the "Y" pipe.

Not sure if these are just generic 1/2'', 1/4" hose so they are not listed.

Also, how does one order OEM MB hoses from the classic center; is there a part No. catalog as well?

merrill

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
Re: Exploded Parts Diagrams??
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 17:12:15 »
I use the sls web site a lot for the diagrams, also K&K has some

as far as ordering from MB classic , I send tom hansen an e mail at thomas.hanson@mbusa.com

if possible I send him a photo or I do a screen shot form a diagram and send to him in the e mail.

Tom is very helpful and responsive.
Matt
Austin Tx
66 230 sl - "white"
78 300 D - Blue
98 C230

Kayvan

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 16:03:55 »
Thanks,  I emailed and still waiting to hear back...

Sent a 12 slide-show link as well.

If anyone has a scan of the MB Parts CD page for engine bay rubber hoses (coolant, radiator, heater, thermostat hoses; NOT hi-pressure power steering, oil, brake, vaccum) it would be much appreciated or if you happen to know part #s or #mm hose type off the top of your head for the stuff sold by the meter.

Thanks

PM me page scan or email

280SE Guy

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, PA, Birdsboro
    • some pics
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 16:39:46 »
Why don't you just subscribe the the Mercedes electronic parts catalog at this web address: http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/

It is free to all US based subscribers, you have to give a credit card number but there is no charge for accessing the catalog. The subscription lasts one year, then you can renew it again.

You should be able to go through your local Mercedes dealer to order the hose you are wanting, it will probably be in stock at the New Jersey distribution center.

Regards,

280SE Guy
1971 280SE, 6 Cyl MFI, Anthracite Grey with Grey MB Tex

Kayvan

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 17:27:35 »
Thanks, joined same basic diagrams as SLS, K&K

Drop down is only major system, not every sub-connection

280SE Guy

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, PA, Birdsboro
    • some pics
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 18:09:27 »
The EPC does show all parts. The hose you are referring to is on page 2 of the engine cooling system diagram. If I read your thread correctly you are looking for the bent hose that has different diameters on each end ("Specifically I am looking for the hoses off the thermostat housing that branch off the "Y" pipe. Not sure if these are just generic 1/2'', 1/4" hose so they are not listed. ?")

If that is the case the item number is 259, part number is A 114 203 01 82 with a list price of $14.40 back in March of 2009.

If that doesn't fit the bill you might need to go see your parts guy at your local Mercedes dealership for more assistance.

By the way, I'm assuming your car is a W113 / 280SL as we don't know from your post what vehicle you are referring to ? ? ?

280SE Guy

Kayvan

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 18:30:33 »
Thanks!

Didnt realize engine was its own drop down Menu above Engine Suspension label....

Not the most intuitive user interface...but, there is probably a reason for that

280SE Guy

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • USA, PA, Birdsboro
    • some pics
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 18:45:50 »
That's a common problem noted as a "BTCAC Error" (between the computer and chair error)  ;D

seixever

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 10:30:24 »
When I want see an exploded parts diagrams with referring number for any post war Mercedes (but not only), I get a look on famous russian site "detali.ru".
I simply click on "Mercedes" in the left column, then "car", then the body type number: from there you can navigate on official Epc.
When I have the number that I search for, I can know the price from official Mb list and order it by an Mb seller or Sls, Ebay, etc.

RickM

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 18:08:07 »
When I want see an exploded parts diagrams with referring number for any post war Mercedes (but not only), I get a look on famous russian site "detali.ru".

I don't believe they have the hose layouts as requested by the poster.