Author Topic: Need person who took vintage picture of orginal 230SL  (Read 4778 times)

Bob G ✝︎

Need person who took vintage picture of orginal 230SL
« on: April 02, 2011, 22:50:56 »
I need to contact this member of our group who had a blue 230SL and documented every detail of originality willing to provide correct labels if misssing with instruction. ail I ask is a two good phonographs of these labels on a 230SL.
Please respond to Bob Geco at krwaxbz@yahoo.com or 310-839-8337 cell day This is very important to me . I lost the CD and it had alot  of historic information from an untouched  blue 230SL not sure  of  the year. but I sure could use your help if someone remembers this person and how to contact him.

New catalogs fixed and ready to mail for engineering labels. I Will need you name and address and zip code.

Best Regards
Bob Geco
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 04:59:55 by Bob G »

jacovdw

Re: Need person who took vintage picture of orginal 230SL
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:48:29 »
Hello Bob,

I seem to remember this was discussed circa 2005 on this forum and the pagoda in question was indeed from Australia (and probably still is).
If I remember correctly it is a 1964 model.

The gentleman's name is Neil and has apparently sold the car, however I believe he also has a passion for vintage guitars.
You could perhaps try to contact him through his website:

http://www.grouseguitars.com.au/

Unfortunately the link to photos of that particular pagoda is no longer on his website, but maybe he still has some on a disc somewhere.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 14:38:43 by jacovdw »

MichaelB.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 13:30:48 »
Bob,

I have an untouched 1966... But some of the decals are faded & or illegible. However I would be happy to provide any particular photos you may require.

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:48:21 »
Any photos you can supply of these two labels the silver foil soft  top label and the blue metallic lading label would be much appreciated. I am looking for there position Mercedes-benz put them on. So  good photos would be much appreciated. If you coul suooly the chassis vin number and year and date of production that would grealy help me.
 Warm Regards
Bob Geco
RWGintl@yahoo.com

MichaelB.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:04:49 »
Oh that should not be a problem. Only my engine bay decals have any patina, these decals are factory fine as far as I can recall. Please confirm the location - and angle you want - and I will send them over as soon as I pull the car off the storage lift.

DaveB

• Gold
  • Australia, Western Australia, Lathlain
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 01:28:12 »
Hi Bob,
This is peripheral to your request but I thought these expansion tank decals may be of interest to you. They're from a NOS rhd 230sl tank.
DaveB
'65 US 230sl 4-speed, DB190