Author Topic: Upholstery Codes  (Read 3064 times)

Pawel66

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Konstancin-Jeziorna
Upholstery Codes
« on: January 26, 2012, 19:55:27 »
Dear All,

We have an example of upholstery codes sheet in Technical Manual for options 241-245 and certain VIN numbers. My car has the code 245, but higher number (16726). Does anyone have any idea what changes might have happened above the numbers we have on the sheet? I want to be as accurate as possible in restoration....

By the way ( I am joining a large crowd, I am sure): thank God and the authors for Technical Manual!
Pawel
Pawel

280SL 1970 automatic 180G Silver
W128 220SE
W121 190SL
G-class

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
Re: Upholstery Codes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 20:26:45 »
Pawel, you don't list which car you have but I will guess it is a 280SL from the upholstrey code you give.  It shows 245 being a blue leather, seat colour being blue 5000 and carpet colour being blue 5003.  The carpeting was multi-loop.  You can find it all here http://www.sl113.org/wiki/DataCard/UpholsteryCodes towards the bottom of the page.  Make sure you post pictures as you go.  We all love pictures.
Marcus
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

Pawel66

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Konstancin-Jeziorna
Re: Upholstery Codes
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 22:22:34 »
Marcus, thank you!

Yes, indeed it is a 280SL, 1970, European (but spent most of her life in The US), silver with blue interior.

I know the link you provided - one of the first things I looked some time ago and this is the sheet I am referring to. So I know the codes, numbers etc., thanks! Multi-loop information is very impotant! Carpets are particularly sensitive - I have limited clue about their kinds - I would love to see the visualisation of what I should have (how multi - loop looks like?). I was also after changes such as: window lifts, handles, ashtray, panels, etc. - how were they finished with higher VIN numbers, were there alterations to schedule from Technical Manual there? The 245 code has its difficulties, e.g. entrance rubber lining was dark blue - I have not yet found the blue ribbed rubber lining anywhere...

As for pictures - I was not sure if it would be intersting for you, but if so, I will. For now I could post a pityful heap of rust as I bought her (12 layers of paint!!!) and chassis with no paint at all on it, looking like a French lingerie (full of holes). But: all the numbers are matching (aluminum parts, interior parts, etc.), body was healthy in critical places, engine is not bad - we will see!

Thanks for help!
Pawel
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 22:32:29 by Pawel66 »
Pawel

280SL 1970 automatic 180G Silver
W128 220SE
W121 190SL
G-class