Author Topic: ZF replicas  (Read 3261 times)

George Des

ZF replicas
« on: December 05, 2012, 13:43:02 »
I know I have asked this question before, but it has been a while. Has anyone that ordered one of the new ZF 5 speed transmissions recieved one yet? I would be curious as to how well these compare to the originals and whether the othe required ancillaries such as the shortered driveshaft and linkages were part of the package?

George

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
Re: ZF replicas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 20:32:46 »
George,

I am one of the 250 still waiting for the production to start again after the engineering problems encountered at the start of this year.  So No none have been sent to customers that I know of.

Secondly drive shafts and linkages are not part of the package, strictly the gear box.  They were however making some spares for the box and I believe most of those are now available but cannot confirm that.

Garry
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

mbzse

• Platinum
  • Sweden, Stockholm, Stockholm
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:43 »
Quote from: Garry
.../..I am one of the 250 still waiting for .../..[my 5-sp gear box].../..  So No none have been sent to customers that I know of

The word is out, the first ten newly made ZF 5-sp gear boxes have been delivered from the factory!  So, soon we should be hearing more about further deliveries, and experiences from owners mounting the units into their Pagoda cars
/Hans in Sweden

/Hans S

George Des

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:26:01 »
I guess wonders never cease. You would have to guess with all the changes in manufacturing technology that ZF could have remanufactured this fairly outdated box with relative ease. Still sounds to me that this was more of some ZF manager's science project rather than a real Corporate priority. Would love to have heard the pitch he gave to the Corporate board members to get the project funded and off the ground!