Author Topic: Hemmings  (Read 2215 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Hemmings
« on: June 24, 2013, 15:27:20 »
http://www.hemmings.com/subscribe/current_issue.html?publication=HSX

Per previous post; great article, lots of talk with Gernold; an ad by MB Classic with a nod to Bracq.  Worth a trip to Barnes and Noble.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Bob G ✝︎

Re: Hemmings
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 22:23:30 »
Michael:
You beat me  to the punch. I subscribe to Hemming's  Sports and Exotic. good article. I wish I had the money to have restored
my 1968 280SL 10 years ago. I am working with Bob Gunther in San Diego. He is a good guy and we are undoing my dads
modifications as well as new rubber and engine  hoses and belts and new factory coil springs springs set up by Bob's alignment  shop the way it should  be done. I have in my attic above my garage two of the cast iron correct distributor to sent him before he proceed with a fresh tune up. I also have the Pertronics new in box for the distributor I want him to install.
Gernold makes a good point  that these cars are getting more expensive to buy parts for by the cay and body and paint  work  are increasing in cost to  fine  someone like Gernold SL tech to do the car right.
I am probably going to lease the car  at Bob G until I run out of money. My first thought was get it safe to drive. I purchased  a set of 5
240-D 6 inch aluminum wheels from you and I cannot wait to get a set of Colker  tire with white wall for her  to mount on theses aluminum
wheels. Taking it one  elephant as Bob G says  at a  time.
Bob Geco 1968 280SL early version