Author Topic: Were do I go for carpeting and seat covers for my 1968 280SL?  (Read 2707 times)

Bob G ✝︎

I have a bunch of stuff to do on my 1968 280SL. I am very happy it  is back from Bob Onagers. He did a great job on all the things I need done  . Between Jerry Hjeltness shop and bobs it been two  year's a lot to  catch up She is not going to be  a princess in a trailer. SLs are for driving and that is my goal. I do not  thing the solid black hook and loop carpeting in the car is original, my father must of changed it. I think it  was slat and pepper color.. I want  to get the seat  done so I  can drive it. I have a bad back and some pain in my escalator foot off and on. So I will need a custom modification to the drivers seat. I already have the horse hair pads for Mercedes classic center.
I have another question. since my car is not for Cconcours should for safety I  put factory headrest in the seats. Ya or NA?
 I really do not care but my neck get tired and they would offer some support and safety. I have AAA classic insurance and need a person
to do an up dated appraisal on her. who should I speck to I live in Long Beach, CA?
Please PM me  with any information.
Bob Geco

sandcrab59

• Silver
  • USA, MA, Lunenburg
Re: Were do I go for carpeting and seat covers for my 1968 280SL?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 18:24:49 »
Bob:
The best place to obtain Carpets is:
KHM in Esslingen Germany.
I just visited there operation 3 weeks ago in Germany and they do excellent work.
Email: KHM@cabrio.de
Attn: Helen Krajcevic
Phone # 0711 / 35 79 000
Fax # 0711 / 35 79 00 14

As far as seats go . I received mine from Georgia.
I have to look up his name and address, I do not have it now. He also does good work.
If I can find you after this post I will send you the information.
Tom
71 280SL-8  Euro
67 250 SL
72 220 D
1982 300 SD
1983 300SD
1985 300SD
1931 Model A Ford Roadster
1997 Corvette C5