Author Topic: Relay Box - Buzzing Noise  (Read 3532 times)

Walt Marsh

• Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Seattle
Relay Box - Buzzing Noise
« on: February 16, 2015, 03:15:34 »
Hello Members,

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?
I'm trying to determine the correct connection point for the Red/Black wire depicted in the image below.
It runs thru the firewall along with two other wires (one Solid Brown ground wire and one Brown/Black) and connects to the Relay Box as depicted by the number "5" in Image B below.
But when I connect the red/\black wire to Fuse No. 5 the relay box emits a buzzing noise.
I suspect it may not be wired correctly.

Any suggestions?

Walter  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 23:41:44 by Walter Marsh »

Walt Marsh

• Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Seattle
Re: Relay Box Connections
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 21:40:41 »
Hello Members,

O.K.
So I believe I conflated the issue on this one.
After looking at the relay box connector and wiring diagrams more closely I noticed both pin 7 and 8 on the relay box were potential candidates.
After further inspection it became obvious that the red/black wire connected to pin 8 on the relay box 8-pole connector.

The difficulty I had yesterday is that when I hooked it up in this manner the Relay Box emitted a strange whinning/buzzing noise.
So naturally I assumed it was possibily a result of incorrectly wiring.

So the question is now...
Has anyone experienced a whinning/buzzing noise coming form their relay box when energized?

Walter
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 17:40:46 by Walter Marsh »

jeffc280sl

Re: Relay Box - Buzzing Noise
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 23:12:01 »
Hi Walter,

Nice looking engine bay!  The boxes in your photograph are part of the emissions systems.  I wrote up something on these boxes years ago.  Not sure where it is.  Search under my name and in the tech manual.  Which box is number box is buzzing?