Author Topic: more eye candy:another tobacco brown ebay car  (Read 5681 times)

Douglas

more eye candy:another tobacco brown ebay car
« on: April 14, 2003, 01:47:47 »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411143613&category=6338

seller claims it's one of the top 5 in the country. (where do they get these stats?)

by the way, it has the wrong carpet in it -- it has the square weave wool carpet and not the acrylic boucle. IMHO, the square weave is nicer. nonetheless, this isn't how that particular car was delivered from the factory.

Douglas Kim
New York, NY

Richard Madison

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
Re: more eye candy:another tobacco brown ebay car
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 04:01:32 »
I posted a question earlier about connecting the Constant Speed solenoid. My other question was, "Is this solenoid important?"

The above e-bay car has auto tranny and AC but it looks like the solenoid is missing. Does this mean that this solenoid is not important and that I can leave it unwired in my manual tranny car when I revive the AC?
Richard M
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

Ricardo

Re: more eye candy:another tobacco brown ebay car
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 06:52:51 »
I don't think it is neccessary on a manual without A/C, and I removed mine as the engine came from an automatic and my car is standard, without A/C. But if you use the A/C the additional load at idle will cause the idle speed to drop, loading the engine and likely raising eng. temps which in hot climates could be significant. From what I've seen written, the original A/C compressors aren't as efficient as more modern ones and will load the engine more. Some folks have managed to adapt more recent YORK compressors, but I'm sure they still use the CSS to keep idle speed constant. Hope that helps
Richard V