Author Topic: Ski Carriers  (Read 2779 times)

RAY

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Bromley
Ski Carriers
« on: January 07, 2017, 18:16:35 »
I am going to have a mould made to replicate the rubber Eckel ski holders for our Pagoda ski racks, if any one is interested in having some made for there own ski rack would you pm me.
Best
Ray

Dave H

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • United Kingdom, England, Durham
    • Dave H
Re: Ski Carriers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 10:30:58 »
Hi Marilyn
Do you know if the little white rubber parts on the end of the clamps can also be reproduced or if anyone has them?
I am missing a couple of mine.
Mercedes 250SL    1967
Mercedes 250SLK  2014
Alfa Romeo 166 3.2 Ti
Fiat 500

RAY

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Bromley
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 17:37:48 »
Hi Dave, I dare say they could be reproduced but don't know any one who does at the moment. Arn't they nylon or a very hard waring plastic, i guess a mould would have to be made in the same way as for the rubber parts. How did you loose yours, just curious so i don't make the same mistake.
I only have 2 of the Eckel rubber ski holders which are cracking where you bend them back to slide the ski's in, not surprising after 40 - 50 years, so i thought i'd have a mould made and get some produced, as where it seems hard to buy the roof bars and clamps it's impossible to buy just the rubber ski holders, unless i can be proved wrong ?

Ray

Dave H

• Associate Member
  • Silver
  • United Kingdom, England, Durham
    • Dave H
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 07:51:28 »
The small white rubbers,one is missing and one broken on mine ,although i have not restored the hardtop yet i would be reluctant to fit the ski racks without scratching the roof with the rubbers in the condition they are in.
Mercedes 250SL    1967
Mercedes 250SLK  2014
Alfa Romeo 166 3.2 Ti
Fiat 500