Author Topic: Replacement Chrome Bumpers in UK on eBay  (Read 3776 times)

Val

Replacement Chrome Bumpers in UK on eBay
« on: May 05, 2017, 13:14:01 »
I have just taken a chance on a pair or remanufactured rear bumpers from a UK eBay seller. Delivered price was £269 for the PAIR.

I have to say that I am impressed. The gauge of steel is the same as the originals, the chrome is very good, the fit is near perfect and the mounting nuts have the correct metric thread. There is a slight ripple along the top moulding line, but once on the car it disappears.

I would doubt that I would get better by having my original re-chromed and for the price, I can just put the originals in a box and if these get damaged, just buy some more!

The seller is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222056636836 and they have fronts as well at the same price. Another seller seems to be offering the same and his fronts are £20 cheaper!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 13:19:53 by Val »

Val

Re: Replacement Chrome Bumpers in UK on eBay
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 13:15:17 »
A couple more pictures:

mbzse

• Platinum
  • Sweden, Stockholm, Stockholm
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 15:03:45 »
Quote from: Val
.../... remanufactured rear bumpers from a UK eBay seller.../...
It says "chrome" but I suppose they are stainless steel, yes ?
/Hans S

Val

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 15:09:44 »
No, they are proper chrome on steel. That's why I think they are a great bargain!

RAY

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Bromley
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 18:51:22 »
Hi Val, i visited the place today to check them out, only about 15 miles from me. Nice people, helpful, great quality for an unbelievable price. Said he had sold about 50 sets with no returns, not surprised, he is out if stock now but getting more in.
Ray

Paul & Dolly

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, Wales, CARDIFF
  • i Car
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:10 »
Hi Val,

Thanks for the info. My front bumbers have some pitting, and at this price I took a chance with your suggestion.
They arrived yesterday, well packaged and they look excellent to me, although I have not yet fitted them, and that may wait for the winter.

Hi Hans, I am not sure of the material, but they are as magnetic as my originals, so I think they are Chrome plated, and not stainless steel, would you like some pictures Hans ?

Keep well

Paul
Paul (located in Cardiff - Wales - UK)
1967 Early 250 SL (Auto) White
Mitsubishi i Car
Toyota RAV 4  Hybrid AWD
1936 Alvis Firebird (Gone............)

Pagodarestorer23

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 22:16:28 »
Paladin brought his round to us a few days ago, offered them up to a set of originals and all seems very good.

Intrigued to see what they fit like...

Ellis