Author Topic: Tom Hanson leaves Caliber Motors 12/31  (Read 3203 times)

n/a

Tom Hanson leaves Caliber Motors 12/31
« on: December 27, 2004, 13:44:38 »
Dear friends,
I will leave Caliber Motors on 12/31/04 to pursue my dreams. I want to thank you for your past suppport and hope you will continue to use Caliber for your parts needs for the time being.
As most of you already know, Mercedes Benz USA will open their new Classic Center in Irvine, CA, in mid-2005. I have been honored with the position of Parts Manager of this prestigious new facility. I will be out of circulation for 6 months and will continue to read and post on this forum as time permits. There is a lot of preperation work ahead to get the new venture up and running. I look forward to corresponding with all of you in a new capacity starting next week. This new relationship should be mutually beneficial to all of us, and the possibilities are endless.
May we all have a great 2005 !!

Best personal regards,

tom in CA

tom in CA
2003 C320 Coupe

norton

Re: Tom Hanson leaves Caliber Motors 12/31
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 15:13:46 »
Way to go Tom, Can I be first in line to be your new best friend :D

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 17:41:41 »
quote:
Originally posted by norton

Way to go Tom, Can I be first in line to be your new best friend :D

...And who are you Mr. Norton? ;)   The line begins behind me! :)

To wish you luck Tom would be an insult.  You will do well and the Classic Center will only benefit from your experience.  I'll see you again on my next trip to CA in June.

In the meantime do you have a contact at Caliber we should use?

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Bob G ✝︎

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 18:10:50 »
Tom;
I am proud to know you are the one that got picked  to manage the parts department at the new classic center. On a tour of the parts facilitys in the early 1970s when I joined MBUSA club I remember Gary Jarvis and Jerry Hjeltness asking the tour guide " we just want to know were all the W198 parts are stacked? Well catch up with the tour later".
Well don't expect any different from this group when you open the doors for business in 2005, granted if there is a tour of the faculitys and I hope there will be , some one some day will ultimately
say the same words again only this time it will be "were are all the W113 parts stacked"?
Best wishes and gods speed on your new position.
Robert W Geco
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 16:07:52 by Bob G »

gugel

• Silver
  • USA, CA, Rolling Hills Estates
    • CPE Site
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 18:49:42 »
Way to go, Tom!!  It's great that you'll be getting such a good job, and also great that the Irvine Classic Center is finally going to become a reality.

Many thanks for all your help and expertise on parts for my 230SL.  Sure glad I didn't have to restore it without you!

Chris Earnest

Tom230sl

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 18:35:27 »
How long till you have a complete "New Old Stock" listing of 113s parts for  us??