Author Topic: Ventilation fuel tank  (Read 4543 times)

n/a

Ventilation fuel tank
« on: May 02, 2003, 04:33:41 »
Does anyone know how to solve my ventilation problem of the fuel tank of my 1970 Pagoda.

With warm weather and a half filled fuel tank the expensive Dutch fuel flows out the ventilation hose.

It seems that a American style ventilation block is mounted between the ventilation hose. This block is lying in the trunk.

Can anybody help me ?

Kind regards,

René Tiebosch

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
Re: Ventilation fuel tank
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 13:50:46 »
Rene - your canister may be hooked up wrong, the three hoses not connected properly. And it should actually be sitting upright inside the right rear fender. If you have the BBB (Big Blue Book - factory manual) there is a good description of the set-up in there. If the canister is lying inside the trunk rather than being positioned correctly, this may cause your problem (which is probably a safety hazard as well! - do you carry a fire extinguisher in your car?).
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

n/a

Re: Ventilation fuel tank
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 23:45:44 »
Thanks Cees,

I don't have the BBB I have the original Grey Mercedes Benz Workshop manual and couldn't find this canister in there. The canister is lying at the left side of my trunk, so i think someone has changed this. No, I don't have a fire extinguisher in my car, but are there original extinguishers otherwise i think it's a good idea to buy one.

quote:
Originally posted by cees klumper

Rene - your canister may be hooked up wrong, the three hoses not connected properly. And it should actually be sitting upright inside the right rear fender. If you have the BBB (Big Blue Book - factory manual) there is a good description of the set-up in there. If the canister is lying inside the trunk rather than being positioned correctly, this may cause your problem (which is probably a safety hazard as well! - do you carry a fire extinguisher in your car?).