Author Topic: Brake Hose to Servo?  (Read 2469 times)

bpossel

Brake Hose to Servo?
« on: April 19, 2005, 06:19:57 »
Does anyone one know a vendor who carries the plastic hose that connects the brake servo to the manifold?  See attached pic (yellowish hose...)

Thanks!
Bob

Download Attachment: plastic-hose.jpg
79.51 KB

bpossel
Memphis, TN.
1971 280SL
1997 E320

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Brake Hose to Servo?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:31:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by bpossel

Does anyone one know a vendor who carries the plastic hose that connects the brake servo to the manifold?  See attached pic (yellowish hose...)

Thanks!
Bob

Bob,

Why yes I do.  That hose is the vacuum hose (provides the "power" to the vacuum-assisted power brake servo) and the part in the middle is a check (one-way) valve.

A vendor to try is Mercedes Benz.  I replaced mine last year, cost about $18, in stock at Caliber--though if you don't have a bunch of parts might pay to just pay list locally and avoid shipping charges.

If all you are interested in is a non-yellow hose, and you are not showing your car, you can get a semi-rigid hose at many plumbing supply places, even The Home Depot; it is polyethylene, or "PE"  You can't use really flexible stuff like Tygon or vinyl; will collapse under vacuum.  Cut out the old pieces, replace with new.  Use hot water to soften the ends.

Everything on these cars should be so easy to deal with..[:(!]

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid