Author Topic: Steering wheel color  (Read 4017 times)

ricoled

Steering wheel color
« on: May 27, 2003, 04:11:06 »
Hi everyone!  Is there any rule to the use of white or black colored steering wheels in pagodas?  From pictures, I can't seem to find a pattern. I'm partial to color white but want to check it first before I switch...Thanks!

George Davis

Re: Steering wheel color
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 08:16:50 »
Hi, your data might indicate the steering wheel color, but I'm not sure of that.

What year and model car do you have, and what is the interior code?  That might help to determine the correct steering wheel color.

George Davis
'69 280 SL Euro manual

Klaus

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 09:00:48 »
In Germany, black steering wheel was standard and white steering wheel could be ordered as option at extra cost, irregardless of the vehicle's or interior's color.
In the US, MBNA or the dealer ordering the car for stock decided on the steering wheel when placing the order, based on popular demand or dealer's preference.
Klaus

ricoled

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 16:36:58 »
It's a '68 280sl Euro, and I've identified the interior as parchment (somewhere between beige and white).  The steering wheel is currently black.  I am more confident now of making a change to white to match the interior without losing any authenticity since a white wheel was an option available to the customer.  Thanks !