Author Topic: WTS Custom Aluminum Wheels (7x15 Rudge billet style)  (Read 725 times)

Jack the Knife

• Senior
  • USA, FL, Vero Beach
WTS Custom Aluminum Wheels (7x15 Rudge billet style)
« on: July 11, 2024, 17:05:58 »
Some of you might remember my thread on R&D last year about creating some new aluminum "steelie"-type wheels for our cars. That thread can be seen here: https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=36024.0

I did succeed at that but the direction of my project has changed so I am putting these up for sale. I have not used these wheels in any way and they have remained in storage since I received them. Two are still in original packaging, unopened. Two have been removed from the packaging and have been stored in my spare room for the past year or so. There is nothing wrong with them, aside from flaws in the powder coat of one wheel owing to my ineptly storing one under an air conditioning vent.

These wheels measure at 7" x 15" and without the cover weigh about 15lbs and with the cover weigh about 17lbs making these a fairly lightweight and aesthetically-appealing option. I believe the only lighter 15" wheels with the correct dimensions for our cars are the CLK wheels. Compared to the 22lb stock 14" steel wheels, these save quite a bit in weight.

I had them powder coated in DB334 or Hellblau, the color of my car. I'd consider a mill finish for a true outlaw-type build.

I paid $3300 early last year for these. I am asking $2300 today. Shipping would be easy but of course add $500 or so for all four anywhere in the continental US. Happy to get a quote.

Located in Vero Beach, FL, and happy to accommodate pick-up or driving to meet within a few hours of here.
1964 230SL
2015 G550 """Professional"""

Jack the Knife

• Senior
  • USA, FL, Vero Beach
Re: WTS Custom Aluminum Wheels (7x15 Rudge billet style)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 17:08:48 »
Some photos...
1964 230SL
2015 G550 """Professional"""