Author Topic: Shelton Vineyards, Dobson NC -- 14-September-24  (Read 184 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Shelton Vineyards, Dobson NC -- 14-September-24
« on: September 15, 2024, 17:01:23 »
The all-Mercedes showcase is an annual event at Shelton Vineyards in North Carolina. In past years, it has been held in generally sweltering August, but this year moved to the more temperate September. A field of about 40 cars was on display with four Pagodas showing up. Of those four, three owners are members here: myself, AlexD of Cary and Barry Huff of Elkin. Three other members who came chose to leave their Pagodas at home: Jonathan Siegel of Raleigh, TJ Martinez of Charlotte, and John Byrne of Fuquay-Varina. A great showing!

The top 12 "People's Choice" winners received a commemorative bottle of wine, with a picture of last year's winner: a Pagoda owned by a D. Coley of Elkin.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
Re: Shelton Vineyards, Dobson NC -- 14-September-24
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2024, 18:42:29 »
The all-Mercedes showcase is an annual event at Shelton Vineyards in North Carolina.
If the Pagoda Fest 2025 is in NC, might we invade this show?  Could they handle a few dozen Pagodas?  I recall our display at Williamsburg in the car show at the winery.  My wife and I enjoyed that.  Whoever steps up to help organize the event could run some polls asking which activities the membership prefers at Pagoda Fest.
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL auto "Italian"

TJMart

• Silver
  • USA, NC, Matthews
Re: Shelton Vineyards, Dobson NC -- 14-September-24
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2024, 18:45:29 »
Michael modestly omitted that both Michael’s and Alex Jurick’s were in the top twelve this year.

Great show!!
Tony
1970 280SL, 4 Speed