Author Topic: Hidden Stereo  (Read 3399 times)

Bearcat

Hidden Stereo
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:57:24 »
Spent a fortune on a cd system for my car. The brief to the fitters was it had to be totally unseen including the speakers yet could pump out the volume. They mounted the cd/radio player in the glove box and mounted an infra red attachment in the passenger wheel well for the remote control. Big speakers were mounted deep into the wheel wells and the two rear speakers were mounted into the parcel shelf and then the carpet reattached over them. You look into the rear and see nothing. As the carpet is so thick the speakers had to be very powerful. The effect is amazing. Mega bass , bass and tweeters up the front. An amplifier is hidden under the passenger seat and a multi changer is in the boot. The power source is directly through fancy cabling and fueses onto the battery so no power routing through the fuses and the main electrical harness.

The end result is amazing....a pimp my ride stereo and visibly you cant see a thing....I am very happy with what I have done yet I havent offended the purests unless they go mouching round the inards of the car. The engine bay may give a hint away with the extra cabling.

1970 280SL.

photos to come if you want them but i think you have a good idea what i have done.

Miloslav Maun

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Czech Republic, Praha, Prague
  • 1966 230 SL
    • http://www.pagoda.un.cz
Re: Hidden Stereo
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 10:16:54 »
Go on and send the pics :-) Just for one's curiosity.

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:33:48 »
...great, now you can annoy those at the stop lights with your deep bass and hip-hop rap music, and shake their insides as well.  Now you need to consider that rear boot-mounted "wing" and "coffee-can" muffler tips as well, and you'll blend right in with the modified Hondas.. :D

Seriously though, not matter how they did it, if they did it so it is invisible, they did a great job.  There is precious little space in the car--visible or invisible--in which to do these things, so kudos to your installer!

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Bearcat

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 12:24:09 »
sorry micheal i'm not a rap man my self nor am i a street cruiser, i think more a state side hobby maybe....i'm more a classic music person and enjoy all the boring old farts stuff shadows/elvis/beatles/elo/simple minds/...tunes that are not a good idea to cruise upto the traffic lights blarring with. The benefit of a powerful unit for me is when the roof is down, your barreling up a country road, the rasp of the exhaust at full holler, the quality sound of your favorite tunes, wind in your face...well it it gives me a buzz
rgds
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 14:43:28 by Bearcat »

norton

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 13:16:52 »
David Don't mind Michael, he's from Detroit he can't help it. :D

Mike Halleck
Chesterfield Mi
71 280SL
68 250SL (parts car)
94 E320 Coupe

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 16:04:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by norton

David Don't mind Michael, he's from Detroit he can't help it. :D

Mike Halleck
Chesterfield Mi
71 280SL
68 250SL (parts car)
94 E320 Coupe

...and all "da brothas" really do love the 113's, honest!

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

ted280sl

• Silver
  • USA, NY, New Rochelle
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 16:22:22 »
Michael,
  Enjoy! I put a Blaupunkt CD Player in my dash. Our 113's have standard openings so nothing was changed to accomodate it.
  There is nothing better than driving down the highway on a clear day with some oldies blasting away through my sound system. The purring of the engine and the wind blowing just add to the experience.
Ted
1969 280SL