Author Topic: The e-mail you received from admin@sl113.org recen  (Read 3282 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
The e-mail you received from admin@sl113.org recen
« on: October 31, 2005, 12:35:50 »
Dear all,

I have just e-mailed the entire membership of the forums an e-mail reminding them of the benefits of the club. You should have received an e-mail from the club yesterday.

Those who have not visited for over a year received instructions on how to retrieve their password.

Those of did log in within the last 12 months also received an e-mail, without the password retrieval instructions. All of you were invited to look at and purchase our poster, or to join the club.

Regrettably  :(  I did not distinguish between full-members and forum members. So everyone was reminded to join us as a full member, even if you already are one. This was not a reminder notice to renew your membership.

We sent this mail to 1259 forum members. Of those, 213 members last visited us in 2003, 344 last in 2004 and 701 visited us in 2005. 247 members visited us in October, 76 we saw for the last time in September.

Of the 1259 mails, about 100 e-mail addresses were no longer valid. There were 1147 unique e-mail addresses (the remainder were duplicates, of member who had registered several times). As a result the membership of this forum is around 1047 distinct members.

The purpose of the mail was to increase traffic to the site, and remind dormant members of the vitality of the site. Also we wanted to remind people of the benefits of membership and ask for some help on some of our activities.

Let’s all do our best to keep our club a healthy, vibrant community.

For the board,

Peter van Es
Webmaster
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: The e-mail you received from admin@sl113.org recen
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 04:04:39 »
A response I received to the e-mail from member Marcel

Dear Peter,

Thanks for detailed message / information.
In the next few days I will read it again including all details mentioned by you.

Just for your information, pls check the OCTANE magazine November issue.
In that there is the car described of Mr. Richard Fenhalls, a red Pagode. I know that car very well and which is, in my opinion, one of the best Pagode as well next to that Mr. Fenhalls is a great gentleman as well gentleman rally driver. He is now on the way from London to Sidney in his red Pagode!!!!

We both did the rally The Trial to the Nile about 9000 km within 20 days, from Mainz to Cairo, my car was 4th over all this due to my son Alfons who was doing the navigation as well the top Pagode RXG 309.

I am a fanatic Pagode lover but in a different way as the most of your members.

The car has to serve me in all what she can offer, she continiously has to give / to produce the maximum. Within 120.000 km during the past 4 years, only one time she let me down, that was during the Winter Challenge 2004 with a broken head gasket.

Now in the vintage rally world there are coming more and more Pagode's in, that is great to see as well to compete with colleague Pagode drivers during a rally. Early november we will do the Rally of the Tests, from Edinburg to London, only 2 Pagode's are in.

So, that was it for today

Best Regards

1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 04:42:14 »
quote:
Just for your information, pls check the OCTANE magazine November issue.
In that there is the car described of Mr. Richard Fenhalls, a red Pagode. I know that car very well and which is, in my opinion, one of the best Pagode as well next to that Mr. Fenhalls is a great gentleman as well gentleman rally driver. He is now on the way from London to Sidney in his red Pagode!!!!

In the November 'Gazette', the monthly magazine of the UK MB owners club, there is another article about the same car with a lot more technical details about the changes that have been made. Very interesting.  8)

naj

65 230SL
68 280SL
68 280SL

isofast

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 20:06:49 »
Why does my password no longer work? I paid my dues to Cees at Johio
I have some pictures to post and even though it says I am logged on when I go to post a picture it says I must be logged on.

First Place AACA Show Winner 350SL July 2003
I love low mile Mercedes.
First Place AACA Show winner for 2004 280SL
1969 280 4spd Papyrus White

Douglas

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 21:16:15 »
You have to log in specifically to the Forums. It's a separate process from logging in for Full Member access.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 21:59:18 by Douglas »

hauser

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 22:10:43 »
For some reason my password wasn't working and I had to redo it all over again.

1969 280sl 5 spd
Gainesville, Fl.

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 23:40:58 »
Hello Ernie - you are paid up through February 2006, so no problem there. Maybe the webmaster can help out with the password questions.

Cees ("Case") Klumper in Amsterdam
'69 white 280 SL automatic
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II