Author Topic: 2 Quick Questions: Fuel Lines & Coolant  (Read 2877 times)

n/a

2 Quick Questions: Fuel Lines & Coolant
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:26:20 »
1. I need to replace the fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump. I haven't removed the original yet. So I have the right material when I do, what size fuel line is it?

2. The coolant expansion tank is secured to the passenger side firewall via a bracket. My bracket has separated from the tank, leaving the tank suspended by just the hose attached to the bottom. The bracket appears to have been pressed in place or cold-welded. Any suggestions on how to repair? Thanks

Ben

Re: 2 Quick Questions: Fuel Lines & Coolant
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:20:18 »
If the tank is the early cake shaped one then its probably best to braze it !

This is a common problem !

Cant help non the hose........sorry !

Regards,
Ben in Ireland.
'64 230SL 4sp.

graphic66

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 15:50:01 »
Mine had separated. It was apparently soldered at the factory so I just resoldered it with radiator solder, flux and a propane torch. Don't use electronic solder.

George Davis

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 22:55:54 »
There are a couple of different hose types for the tank to pump hose.  One type has a screw on connection on one end, with a plain clamped hose end on the other, if I remember correctly.  Some members have just removed the old hose from the screw connector and just use plain hose.  So, depending on what you want to do, you may need to order the original part, or you can just get some hose.  I believe the hose on my car ('69 280 SL) is 12 mm, or 1/2 inch will do.  While you're at it, you might as well replace the return line hose, too; that one is 8 mm or 5/16.

George Davis
'69 280 SL Euro manual