Author Topic: sl mechanic - south florida  (Read 2889 times)

Tony

sl mechanic - south florida
« on: December 02, 2005, 09:24:19 »
I live in north Miami Beach, Florida and am looking for new mechanic to help keep my 250 sl in shape and me sane. Anywhere within 50 miles would work. Any recommendations of mechanics experienced with our cars are appreciated. Thanks, Tony

KevinC

Re: sl mechanic - south florida
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 16:53:56 »
Tony, I recommend Precision Automotive on Old Dixie Highway in Delray Beach. Rob has had the business there for 27 years. In the year since I bought the car he's worked on my front end (kingpins/bushing/swaybar) replaced my radiator and fuel pump, rebuilt my differential even replaces all the bushings in my shifter. He's even GIVEN me parts that were on a new/old stock transmission that he had on hand. He allows me to supply my own parts if I find them cheaper ($250 for the rebuilt fuel pump instead of $485 for new). The car is quite mechanically sound now.

Kevin
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex

Tony

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 08:19:57 »
Kevin,

I will give Rob a call for sure and mention your name. Thanks.
Tony

KevinC

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 11:57:17 »
He will certainly know me! My car spent many a day there this summer. It does not have a/c so it would have just been sitting in my garage anyway. As it turns out, the 230 will probably be there w/o the 12th for a tune up. One word of caution, while they are reasonable and easy to deal with they are not fast. Add a few days to the date they estimate the car will be done so you are not disappointed.

Good luck.

Kevin
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex