Author Topic: More Fraud!!  (Read 28555 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: More Fraud!!
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 11:05:18 »
I think every one of us with our own eBay account needs to report this.  Maybe if eBay gets a few dozen FRAUD reports they'll listen.  I've done it several times already.  You have to go to my eBay, and report it as a listing violation.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red w/Black Leather
Restored
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2006, 13:15:29 »
I reported this guy also about a week ago from my Ebay.

Cees ("Case") Klumper in Amsterdam
'69 white 280 SL automatic
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

terry shores

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2006, 13:20:51 »
Some questions for our fraudster!
cut and paste!

Sorry to bother you again. I noticed that in picture no. 14 you have a white sidewall tire showing. In picture no. 1 and no. 15 and no 17 you show blackwall tires. CAN YOU EXPLAIN. WHICH IS IT? WHY DOES IT APPEAR THAT THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT CARS PICTURED?

I am confused, this is the third time that you have tried to sell this car on ebay!! The first time, you said that you inherited this car from your grandfather. In your most recent explanation (question and answer) you stated that this car was just purchased from cooper classics??? WHICH IS IT? Are you selling the same car or NOT?? Are you confused with your stories??? DID YOU TAKE ALL OF THE PICTURES OF THE CAR OR DID YOU BORROW THEM FROM ANOTHER CAR?
WHY HAS THIS CAR BEEN ON EBAY 3 WEEKS IN A ROW AND THE CAR LOOKED TO BE SOLD. If you bought the cooper classics car, it sold for in excess of $50,000 how can you turn around and sell the car NO RESERVE? I AM CONFUSED, PLEASE EXPLAIN!! PS. I LOVE THE CAR!!

I love the car, I am really interested in a 280sl that is original as can be, although restored. Do not want a vehicle that has been in an accident. Can you send me or post some more pictures of the engine bay!! If I am satisfied, I can arrange to buy your vehicle immediately. I have been looking for the perfect 280 for 2 years. Any close ups of the engine bay would be very appreciated. Also send me a price that would be satisfactory to you to end the auction immediately!!
Thanks,

______________________________________________________________________-

TheEngineer

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • USA, West Seattle, WA
  • '69 280SL,Signal Red,
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2006, 13:57:32 »
Gentlemen: eBay is a real strange place. Perhaps because the people running it are strange. I have had some very good experiences and one very bad one: I bought a cell phone and when it arrived it didn't work. I brought it to my service provider and they determined it had been damaged by moisture and was unrepairable. I wrote e-mail to the seller and got no reply. Whereupon I contacted PayPal and got my money back. I gave the seller neutral feedback because he is selling for other people and may not have known the phone was bad. He gave me negative feedback - my first ever - and said I didn't know how to operate a cell phone. Yes, I'm a real dummy! When I contacted eBay they refused to pull the negative feedback but agreed it was "undeserved". eBay is a real strange place!

'69 280SL,Signal Red,Automatic,retired engineer, West-Seattle,WA
'69 280SL,Signal Red, 09 cam, License BB-59U
'67 230SL, 113042-10-017463 (sld)
'50 Jaguar Roadster XK120, #670.318 (sld)
tired engineer, West-Seattle,WA

69280sl

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Elk Grove
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2006, 14:59:44 »
Well, its been pulled off ebay again. don't be surprised to see a reincarnation.

Gus
68' 280sl
Gus

68 280sl, signal red/ beige/black softtop. Car # 1084

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2006, 15:10:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by 69280sl

Well, its been pulled off ebay again. don't be surprised to see a reincarnation.

No, it is still there, and with 11 bids by now.
Terry, which one of the 20 pictures shows your car? Or has he take those off now?

Alfred
1966 blue 230SL automatic
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

Ricardo

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2006, 15:18:48 »

As a former user of ebay with over 100 items bought and a couple sold, my opinion is that the owners of ebay could care less about buyers....they make their money from sellers and have a high tolerance of shady operators. They "seem" to have protection policies and safeguards but in reality they never see the items being sold and can't verify anything about them. The whole thing has the appearance of a well organized store, but with millions of buyers anxious to part with their money, they don't need to care about unhappy customers.
To paraphrase P.T. Barnum..."there's one born every minute"

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2006, 15:58:40 »
I think I've found his real car - yep, this is it. It's a lot like the red one in perfect condition, xetpt thut ettis blooe and eetz not quite purfect in everary whey. (but for you spotters out there, it doesn't seem like a bad deal - less than $10K, I think?? I bet it goes soon at this price).

JH

http://cgi.ebay.de/Mercedes-Benz-250-SL-Pagode_W0QQitemZ110072485779QQihZ001QQcategoryZ9801QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

terry shores

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2006, 16:13:00 »

Terry, which one of the 20 pictures shows your car? Or has he take those off now?

Alfred
1966 blue 230SL automatic

PICTURE NO. 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 ARE ALL PICTURES OF MY CAR!!  THE FIRST TIME I SPOKE TO THE FRAUDSTER, HIS ANSWER WHEN I ASKED HIM WHY HE WAS USING PICTURES OF MY CAR, HE SAID "BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT"

KevinC

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2006, 16:14:23 »
Thought that I would join in on the fun. I reported the listing, too. The seller also suggests that the car was featured in a buyer's guide photoshoot. Lo and behold, so does another seller state the same about HIS car. Except the second car is BLUE and HE shows the page of the buyer's guide showing the BLUE car plus, the car in his garage has the same tag number as the BLUE car in the BOOK.

I also asked the seller of the RED car...

Hi,

Do you have any photos of your car in the buyer's guide that you mention in your ad?

This said... give ebay a break. If a buyer is so desparate or gullibe to buy from a seller with a positive feedback of 91%, they are probably a sucker in everyday life, too.

quote:
Originally posted by mdsalemi

I think every one of us with our own eBay account needs to report this.  Maybe if eBay gets a few dozen FRAUD reports they'll listen.  I've done it several times already.  You have to go to my eBay, and report it as a listing violation.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Restored

Kevin Caputo
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2006, 17:25:23 »
Last month a member of one of the M.G. e-mail lists I subscribe to poated that the St. Louis area warehouse where he and some friends store their cars was broken into and various items were lifted from several cars.  His M.G. TC was missing the spare tire and the knock-off from the spare tire carrier, the unique to TC Lucas mirror, the radiator cap with Motometer, and some other items from under the hood.  Within a few days another poster out west reported that somebody was selling similar items on eBay.  Lo and behold, when checked it out all his stolen parts were right there in living color!  E-bay was of little help, but a phone call to his local police department and the police department in the neighboring state netted one small time crook and a whole bunch of stolen goods.  The court date is next month!

- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havanna Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)

- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)

terry shores

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2006, 18:09:12 »
OK!! THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE FUNNIEST RESPONSES I HAVE EVER SEEN.  NOW IT TURNS OUT THIS GUY IS A DOCTOR OF MEDICINE AND A PHARMACIST!! ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT THE STUPIDIST CONMAN IN HISTORY!! NO ONE EVEN COMES CLOSE!! I'M THINKING OF TAKING UP A COLLECTION FOR HIS IMPENDING MARRIAGE AND AM EVEN THINKING ABOUT BUYING HIM A NEW CAMERA!! AS TO THE COLLEGE THAT HE WENT TO!! I THINK A LAWSUIT IS IN ORDER!! HE DID NOT GET HIS MONEYS WORTH. THEY FORGOT TO TEACH HIM TO SPELL, WRITE, LIE OR CHEAT!! HOW CAN A CONMAN MAKE A LIVING WITHOUT A PROPER EDUCATION??? (lol)

cut and paste!!
 Q: Before I bid I would like to see a photo of the vin number on the left front fender in this car.There seem to be a differance as to which car you are selling - the one of a another person taken at a car show or yours? OR YOURS.  
 Dec-30-06
  A: For gods sake try to understand its my car and pictures this guy is mad about e-bay blocked his account for what that member had done and i dont think they will reinsate his account Thats why he created a new account with zero feedbacks to mess with my auction. Its my car my pictures and look at mr other 39 feedbacks as well from buyers to. After the holidays that last feedback from the bad member will e removed as well. My camer is broken i am trying to get another one as we speak to get you this pose of a picture its just hard with new year here and finding a close place open to buy another camera but i am working on it. Feel free to call me to as well. If i can t fined another camer I will have to use a video recorder to go over the car and send to you some how. In all you need to give me your address to send it to like your e-mail . Thanks Ho, by the way I do however have a pictre of the title for now on my p.c i can send to you right this mint so please let me know. Thanks R.K P.S your not dealing with a low life I am a doctor of medicin a pharmaciest to be exact, and cars are my hobbey german cars especialy. Thank you and Happy new year. 818-325-7128 Dr.Kamaleddin you can call me R.K Healthmas@yahoo.com is my e-mail address Thanks again

Douglas

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2006, 19:34:24 »
I like how the seller didn't know Cooper Classics. Photo #3 & 4 (and a few more) are actually taken outside their building on Perry Street in Greenwich Village. I recognize the cobblestones.

Douglas Kim
New York
USA

terry shores

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2006, 19:35:50 »
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!!
cut and paste.
JUST RECEIVED THIS IN MY EMAIL, DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!

Response from doit4loveauto
 doit4loveauto( 40)
 Positive feedback: 91.7%
 Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: Mercedes-Benz : SL-Class (230071937453)  
This message was sent while the listing was active.
doit4loveauto is the seller.

Look i know your main member account now and the one you had befor as well wich you still do I also know what you have been doing. I just want you to be a man abote your actions and the way you are handleing things when things come back around to you the last thing i hate seeing is a grown man begging and crying like a 5 year old child. Some people think they are tough and smart but this is because there behind a computer. You have costed me lots of time and fees if I was even doing something wrong you should just report it to e-bay and go on your way but you are one careless person to do what you are doing especialy involveing your wife and son of yours like someone tryed to kill you. I like people like you crossing my path you have not ever been hit befor or atleas not lately to be more carefull about how you react to other that you dont know because all you have to do is meet one crazy son of a bith that wount let you slide by anymore and thats that. You have on top cursed at me called my mother names and more beside messing with the auction. You have a lot of time in your hands and especialy on holidays. You dont seem to think but act first. You have no respect to your own family or yourself. You are one of those grochs that talk load but realy are sensless. All I have to say is to becarefull somethings are not worth doing like what you are doing and till someone dose the same thing to you is when you might learn but it might be late then. I realy am like a gost everything you see but you on the other hand brouth your main and all info even your lady to the picture. The last time some one called my mother faul names was a time that is not rememrable and i love more than anything may god always be with her. In all I guess this new year you will have me in your life sooner or later and you wount even know I have a lot of patience so have fun doing what your doing.
 Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Thank you,
eBay

KevinC

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2006, 19:43:31 »
The response...looks like he found a store open to buy a camera afterall...

Hello well one or 2 of the same pictures are also from the guide if there is any pose or way i can take more and send it to you just please give me your mail to send it to Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by KevinC

Thought that I would join in on the fun. I reported the listing, too. The seller also suggests that the car was featured in a buyer's guide photoshoot. Lo and behold, so does another seller state the same about HIS car. Except the second car is BLUE and HE shows the page of the buyer's guide showing the BLUE car plus, the car in his garage has the same tag number as the BLUE car in the BOOK.

I also asked the seller of the RED car...

Hi,

Do you have any photos of your car in the buyer's guide that you mention in your ad?

This said... give ebay a break. If a buyer is so desparate or gullibe to buy from a seller with a positive feedback of 91%, they are probably a sucker in everyday life, too.

quote:
Originally posted by mdsalemi

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Restored

Kevin Caputo
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex

Kevin Caputo
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex

KevinC

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2006, 19:52:39 »

Douglas

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2006, 20:20:25 »
I just took another look at the pix and it's actually more than 2 different cars. It's 3, or more. There's Terry's car, then there's an early 280 SL without the chrome roof garnishing, then there's a 3rd red SL with roof garnishing but no right-side mirror. Then there's the very real possibility that the SL whose nose is shown missing the rubber inserts in its front bumper guards is very likely yet another vehicle.

This appears to be a collage of different red cars from the past few months. Terry's car is familiar to my eye, but so are some of the others.

Douglas Kim
New York
USA

terry shores

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2006, 20:43:08 »
Douglas, thats what I thought also.  The only thing that this guy has said that I believe is that he doesn't own a camera!! (lol)

KevinC

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2006, 11:13:49 »
Or a conscience!

quote:
Originally posted by terry shores

Douglas, thats what I thought also.  The only thing that this guy has said that I believe is that he doesn't own a camera!! (lol)

Kevin Caputo
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex

cth350

• Regular
  • USA, NY, Rockville Centre
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2007, 08:18:19 »
RK?  Oh, I just had a flashback.  

A couple of years ago when I was looking for a 230sl, I came across a red one out in the 818 area code that was severally beat up but claimed otherwise. The seller was a real brat who's father had way too much money.  I think RK was his initials.  I had asked a local to go look at the car and he came away laughing about holes in the firewall and other major defects.

I wound up being his high bidder and chose not to complete the deal after that inspection, which happened after the auction ended. That was poor timing on my part, but I'm an east coast guy, so it took time to arrange.  

It couldn't possibly be the same fool.  But then again...

-CTH

al_lieffring

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2007, 10:13:10 »
This morning the sale was terminated. Did someone forward the death threat email to Ebay, or did they figure it out themselves?

From what I saw, the listing was not only a collage of photos found on the net but the description was a cut and paste from several different cars too. The writing styles were from different people, and clearly not by the person who was replying to the emails.

In one of the photos there was a reflection of a phone number on the trunk lid. I didn't think to try calling the number to see who the car in the photo actually belonged to.

Being a theif is hard work, and theives truly believe that they deserve the money they get from it, that is why he was so angry in the E-mail. He belives we have taken away the $25,000 that he worked so hard to get.

Al

66 230sl
113-042-10-014715
904/396 blue, Ivory Tex
condition: not-as-rusty-as-before-bucket

Douglas

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2007, 14:09:38 »
Al,

Unfortunately, it's still going:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-SL-Class-1971-280sl-Mercedes-Benz-1971-280-SL-Showroom-condition-NO-reserv_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6338QQihZ013QQitemZ230071937453QQrdZ1

I'm sure I'm one of many people here who has reported this auction multiple times now.

For what it's worth, here's a completed auction that was clearly the source of some of his pix:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-280SL-ROADSTER-W-AC-RED-BLACK-AUTO_W0QQitemZ270065851631QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6338QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(Note how he didn't show the pix that shows the car's alloy wheels.)

Douglas Kim
New York
USA
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 14:22:49 by Douglas »

terry shores

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2007, 17:00:11 »
I don't think he likes me!
cut and paste

Response from doit4loveauto
 doit4loveauto( 40)
 Positive feedback: 91.7%
 Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: Mercedes-Benz : SL-Class (230071937453)  
This message was sent while the listing was active.
doit4loveauto is the seller.

Listen You are a sorry reason for a humen and I can not forget the words you called me and involveing my mother in to this as well. You must be on something. I cant believe you would even have such a taste on cars to know what a 280 sl is. You think I dont know what you have been doing with my auction and pictures. You are trying to off set the market of this type of car. I will tell you what deal are up for grabs when I see you in person. I am not a sissy to sit and bother people in back of a computer. You do what you have to do and I will do the same. I am not your friend far from a man that sit around trying to bother someone trying to make ends meet. I swear on my skin you will hear from me when you least expect it. I already know you have the picture i sent to your other member name and you think you have a picture of me as well the jok was on you. That guy actuly is some guy on some match site picked out just for you. One of your so called buddys to mentioned what you asked them to do as well. So do as much as drama as you can and lie and make up things as much as you can now.
May whatever have mercy on you. Still till now i have not called you a name hope that tells you something
 Respond to this question

Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.

Thank you,
eBay

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2007, 18:23:15 »
Hey all. To be honest, the whole thing makes me uneasy. Terry I don't mind you putting him in his place -- but the threats, etc. seem a little untoward for our classy bunch here. I suggest the removal of most of the threads leading up to his response. We all know the details -- but why give him anything else to claim he was provoked? Just my two cents.

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

enochbell