Author Topic: Distributor ?  (Read 16435 times)

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: Distributor ?
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 21:15:04 »
Hey Alfred, I think a few of us have heard of it. I think David B. mentioned it recently. I looked at the write-up -- sounds pretty slick if your going electronic. What's the Pagodentreffe price?

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 05:43:57 »
Alfred,

I've looked up all the info I could find on the 123ignition on this website, and there is quite a bit. It tends to be from UK/European owners, given that the Americans seem to lean more towards PerTronix, which is harder to get over here. So I think it maybe just an availability issue.

I've read a lot about 123 on the internet and I think that, given my current distributor woes (see my most recent drama/post), it seems an attractive way forward albeit quite expensive. I have been thinking quite carefully about buying one.

To enable you to compare prices, the best I've seen for a distributor for a 113 is about £180, or about Euros 270 ($350). I think that prices includes tax, so if you purchased from the US, you would save between 17.5-19% depending on whether you purchased in the UK or Germany.

It would be interesting indeed to see what reduced price the German pagodetreff crowd are getting.

James
James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL

66andBlue

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Solana Beach
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by J. Huber

Hey Alfred, I think a few of us have heard of it. I think David B. mentioned it recently. I looked at the write-up -- sounds pretty slick if your going electronic. What's the Pagodentreffe price?

James in Cal, they offered it for Euro285 (plus shipping) instead of Euro315 plus shipping.
James in Hamburg, where did you find the Euro270 price?

Alfred
1966 blue 230SL automatic
Alfred
1964 230SL manual 4-speed 568H signal red
1966 230SL automatic 334G light blue (sold)
1968 280SL automatic (now 904G midnight blue)

jameshoward

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United States, New Jersey (formerly of London)
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 13:29:14 »
Alfred,

It was GBP177 or 266 euros ($350), but that price was BEFORE tax, not after tax; sorry for the error. I do not know what the shipping charge is but I have sent them an email to ask what it would cost to ship to Europe and the US. I will let you know. If they are fair with their shipping, it should be no more than $25 to ship to the US.

Since you are in the US, you are able to purchase tax free. The vendor I found was Southern Carburetters, which I think is the same place that D Brough got his.

I will let you know what the answer is when I receive their e-mail.

James

James Howard
1966 LHD 230SL