Author Topic: WISI antenna on '71 280 SL  (Read 4353 times)

blairwag

WISI antenna on '71 280 SL
« on: September 05, 2003, 17:42:03 »
Well, after rerading all the posts, here and (finally) at www.pagoda113.com, I finally began to understand what's going on. So, I rushed home from work, hoping my car's antenna might be an automatic Hirschman, just stuck. So I ran over looking for the "h" on the top cap, and on the trim ring. Well, much to my surprise, I did NOT see an "h". Instead, I saw the insignia:  "WISI".  Then it finally dawned on me what that little key is, in the small bag, with the owner's manual. Its a key to this antenna.
Unfortunately,this thing looks like a manual antenna :-(
Has anyone else every heard of such an antenna? I'm thinking it came with the car initially. Is that possible?
the car has a Becker Europa MB radio.
I don't have the original data card for the car. My Dad originally purchased this from a retnal company in Philadelphia PA,USA; and they didn't have the original data card. Perhaps I'll mail or fax DiamlerChrystler for it.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Blair Wagner: blairwag@earthlink.net
Education is not always knowing the answer,
...but rather knowing where to look for it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George Davis

Re: WISI antenna on '71 280 SL
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 18:08:47 »
The following link may not help answer the question, but it's kinda fun anyway:

http://gutefahrt.com/radio/antennas.html

George Davis
'69 280 SL Euro manual

Douglas

Re: WISI antenna on '71 280 SL
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 21:28:33 »
Wisi is the manufacturer of antennas typically found on Gullwings. Drop an e-mail to the Gullwing Group for confirmation. You might also want to consider contacting Gullwing resto shops for more info (shops like Paul Russell or Hjeltness).

Douglas Kim
New York, NY
« Last Edit: September 05, 2003, 21:32:13 by Douglas »