Author Topic: Stolen 230SL in CA  (Read 3153 times)

Douglas

Stolen 230SL in CA
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:17:06 »
Just got an e-mail from someone in Burlingame whose white 230SL was stolen in California this past weekend. The vehicle is a 1965 car with a white body, black interior and white hardtop. The most distinguishing characteristic is it has a sunroof in the hardtop. I will update this thread later with more details, including the VIN.

UPDATE (done in my best Robert Stack voiceover)

I'm guessing the vehicle went missing from a dealer's lot because here's the info they sent me in case anyone sees this Pagoda:

Delmar J Boscacci
HighwayOne Classic Automobiles
HighwayOne.com
1035 California Drive
Burlingame Ca 94010

Office phone 650 342-7340
Mobile phone 415 308-4499
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:42:39 by Douglas »

TR

Re: Stolen 230SL in CA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:40:20 »
Douglas -- If you have info about the situation/location of the car when it was stolen then I think it might be helpful for members to know anything that might be reasonably shared.  E.G; was the car normally garaged or was it usually parked outside(?); had it been driven & then parked on the street or in a lot somewhere (work, shopping, hotel?); did it have any sort of security alarm or tracking system?

What I'm trying to get at is if there is anything we can learn here in order to reduce the chances of this sort of sad & terrible thing.

Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to share in this regard.

Bob G ✝︎

Re: Stolen 230SL in CA
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 16:14:26 »
Taking about scary. I was at factors delie in West Los Angeles and parked out side with the key in the ignition was a 1957 restored 300SL roadster. Some one  has guts I sat  at a booth by the window watching people constanly taking stars atthe car and mobile cell phone pictures.

That car  is too scary to leave to a valet to protect.

Hope the 230SL get found quick!!
Bob Geco